I can honestly say there is never a dull moment in our home.
It has taken some getting use to. You have to always be on your toes trying to figure out what he is actually saying. As most of our friends know, he sometimes starts a conversation in his head, but finishes it out loud.
Its take me years to understand the little that I do about this man. But, here are two things I know for sure.
1) He mentally process things a little differently from most, if not all of humanity.
2) He's missing a filter.
Knowing these facts, still did not prepare me for the array of amazing comments that have came from him since I've been pregnant. Noticing how golden each of these quotes where I started carrying a small note pad with me. Every time a little quote would come out, that little piece of gold was written down.
So, here for your reading pleasure. My hubbies comments from the past two weeks. (More will be on the way I'm sure of it.)
"It looks like your carrying a skin egg."
said as he rubbed my tummy
"um, not with that belly."
the response to me asking if he wanted to save time and hop in the shower with me.
"its not like its wider it just hangs lower."
his statement to my complaining about going up a size in underwear, and yes the comment was about my rear.
"no they're just big."
His observation when I stated I thought my new underwear looked larger when you held them up then when they were on.
"you belly looks blimpish."
"When your pregnant its like you have a sign on that says 'yes, I'm friendly come talk to me.' but, your not."
after the sixth person at Ihop came up to us.
"I want to put a sign on your belly that says 'yes, we had sex'."
Another Ihop comment, we're now limiting his coffee intake.
"It looks like an animal anus."
How he described my belly button.
My favorite moment.
Sitting at our parenting class during a lesson on breastfeeding, I hear this "suck, awe" noise. The lady on the video had just described what a baby sounds like when it feeds and this same noise was now coming from beside me. I look over and my husband has his hand in the C position on his chest making that noise.
I die. It was the funnest thing I have ever seen. I know that he is really processing what she is teaching, and is really trying to make sure he gets it. Which I think is the most precious and loving thing ever. But, see when I looked over so did all five other people and they all laugh.
It was quite a bonding moment for our small group.
Like I said my hubby processes things a little differently than most, and I love him for it!
I"m at my desk, laughing, hard! In fact, I'm crying.... please keep the comments coming!
ReplyDelete