Monday, December 8, 2008

This is it...

This is why, I want to do what I feel like I've been called to do.
This is why I want to live my life the best I can to show Christ in it!
This is why I want to put my self in environment that my friends and family might joke about or not fully understand.


See I believe that everyone deserves the chance to be loved. Not the kind of cheap love people get out of relationships, sexy, money, fill in the blank here. But, the kind of love that can only be given when its a reflection of God. The kind of love that knows no limits, or judgment. The kind of love that meets people where they are at. No matter where they are at. If its a club, a bar, a corner it doesn't matter. I believe with my whole heart that there is where love can be truly shown.

I believe in meeting people where they are at. For me I feel like I'm even showing more love by saying, " I want you to come to church with me, but first I want you to be comfortable, so lets go where you want to." I know I my love is not limited to the four walls of the church. I want to be running over to the point that it runs into every dark place in this world. I want to hunt out the hurting, the confused, the desperate, the lost, the lonely, the unloved and be there friend. I want them to know they have some one in their corner fighting for them. I want them to know that no matter what they have walked through in their lives that there is someone bigger than all of us that is fight harder than we can ever fathom!

This is why I want to go to Vegas. I want to walk into the darkness totally blind and let God use me. I know that God has given me heart so opened and pouring out. I see the E Chanel, I see the magazines, I see the websites, I know the dancers, and I want to just tell them that you are loved so much. I want the chance to sit up at two in the morning night after night if I have to just to have some one ask me to pray. I want to pray my heart out and have no one know, but have the faith and the knowledge that God uses all for good. I want to fight the battles, not from my safe four walls, but in ways that are radical.

So I pray.
God, break my heart for what breaks yours. Make my heart love as deeply as you need it too. Protect me from what is not good for me and make my eyes open to the hurting. Let every part of me reflect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment