Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Lately-crash & burn







Ever had one of those week when you think, I got this parenting thing down! Only to have everything fall into pieces by Friday?

Yup that was our week. Between the boys, trying to get a head start on fall items, to seeing Lisa Bevere, and writing the last bits to my book ((yes I accidentally may have written a book! More on that later, promise!)) I sailed into Friday morning thinking "I owned this week".

Hear that? Yes that would have been the loud crash that reality. 

Friday broke me. 
I had spent all week getting up earlier then the boys, drinking a hot cup of coffee ((who knew that was still possible)) and going through the She Read Truth study. By the time the boys got up, I was nice and filled. 

Not Friday. 
I woke up late, the boys work up fussy, I skipped coffee ((I know what was I thinking)) and stumbled all day. 

See I didn't rock out parenting last week, I rock out God. I let Him rock out through me. So of course our family was centered, of course I didn't feel like I was drowning, of course life was more of a joy. Because I was parenting out of Him, not out of my selfishness.

Cause ill admit it, I am a selfish person.
I don't want to get up at 6. 
I want to finish a whole cup of coffee before having to answer a question. 
I want to be able to eat my breakfast with out telling someone to get their feet off my table. 
I want to have a whole day to do nothing but create.
I want there not to be BLUE MARKER all over my wall or rocker.

But that's not in the cards. This season is crazy, loud, wild, testing and beautiful. It's just easier to see the beauty, juggle the ugly, and smile in the tears when your filled up.


No comments:

Post a Comment