Saturday, March 9, 2013

Baby of Mine

Have you ever had a photo bite you, like knock the wind out of you?
That happen to me, with this photo.

march 2011

There's my little baby Holden, not even a year old but already a big brother. There's my little baby, frozen in black and white.

My little baby that never came to be.
My little baby that I lost a week later. 

When we lost this little person, our second lost, I thought I got rid of every photo, the actual ultra sound, everything that could make me remember.

I didn't want to remember, to remember the shock when I found out we were going to become a family of four.

I didn't want to remember calling family and friends.

I didn't want to remember that ob appointment. The one when they couldn't find a heart beat right away. The one when they tried to tell me it was okay, but I knew. The one when the image of my baby, frozen in time, was glaring from a screen.

I didn't want to remember the feeling of knowing I had lost my baby two weeks before.

I didn't want to remember the life that slipped through my fingers.

I didn't want to remember how desperately I thought that little one was my daughter. How it felt to loss my chance for pink tutus, sparkly shoes, and hair bows.

Honestly, some days I still don't want to remember. It still hurts, not in such a cutting way, but in an aching kind of way. There are some days that the memories knock my breath from my chest. The days that my eyes fill up to the breaking point.

Those are the days, that I thought wouldn't be around still.

Those are the days that I think will be around forever.

3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling all too well. It's a feeling that no one can really understand. Even though your husband lost a child as well, he can never really feel the torture we feel.



    I went to the appt, and they said the baby's heart wasn't beating as fast as it should be. That I'd lose the baby any day. And then had to wait three days until I miscarried. I closed myself off in a bubble, didn't talk to anyone for weeks.


    We had wanted a baby forever, so we were doing fertility treatments. I know the exact day I got pregnant. That evening we went to the circus. Now 9 years later, we're going to the same circus, about the same time of year. And I couldn't help but think that the last time I went, I had this perfect life inside me, and I never got to meet it.


    If you ever want to talk, I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I every time used to read article in news papers
    but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.


    Review my web page; house

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how do these spammers make money by pestering us to purchase farmacia
    on line online?

    my weblog - read this post here

    ReplyDelete