Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Worshiping Wednesday-Anniversary Edition

Four years ago today I became Mrs Pate. I honestly can't believe it has been four years. It seems like just the other day I was running around in secret planning the wedding. Trying to keep things hush hush. Surprising our guest the day of with a wedding. Yes, most people thought they were showing up to a shower not a wedding.


Yes it was as fabulous as it sounds, and honestly I was hardly stressed.

That day I walked out to Phil Wickhams Always Forever. I love this song with all of my heart. It was the perfect song for us. See when Mr Pate and I were first dating he used to write me letters all the time. One letter he wrote me was a story about his grandparents. It always all about how the fell in love so young and would write each other love letters but never saying 'I love you'. They would just sign them... 
Forever & Always. That's how Mr Pate signed that letter, and how He
has signed them ever since. 

One road trip years ago we picked up a cd full of worship songs and this one was one of them. We decided in that moment it would be our song, so naturally it was our wedding song.



You are the hand that catches my fall
You are the friend that answers my call
You are my day, You are my night
You are my love and all of my life

You are the love I need
You are the air I breathe
You are my love my life always forever
I would lay down my life
Just to be by Your side
You are my love my life always forever

You are the grace that covers my sin
You're everything the beginning and end
You have my soul, my heart and my mind
You have my love and all of my life

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, forever

Today I'm thanking God for my husband, for saving me, and giving me this life.

What are you thanking God for?


5 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful for all God does. The visible, the invisible, the stuff that seems good to me, the stuff that seems hard. I'm thankful that no matter what, He gets all the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Story! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete