Monday, July 23, 2012

Never Again, Mr Pate

Its official, Mr. Pate should never leave for the whole weekend ever again. Especially the same weekend that Mrs. Pate goes in to a total tale spin with the "who am I's ".  What? You've never had a case of the "what the heck am I doings"?

Lucky.

See this is a typical thing for me. I do not handle change well, nor do I stay on task either. You could say I'm a hot mess nine times out of ten. One of the many fun traits of being an 'artistic' type, we never can get our head on right. This weekend was just a bad weekend to be left alone with, well me.

A few weeks ago I started having trouble with my wrist, no biggie for some, a huge issue for me! Fingers where going numb, my wrist were swelling, and I couldn't hold anything. Bad, very bad, even more bad when you realize I crochet. A lot. It's kind of my thing, and I love it.



Needless to say, I haven't been able to pick up my crochet hook for a few weeks. Not the end of the world, just the end of mine.

So I did want any another sane person would do.... Panic.

There was this sudden rush to find my "next thing". If I could no longer crochet, then who was I? What can I do, make, how can I express my self? Like I said, such a sane train of thought.

After some back and forth, I thought I found it. Then I lost it, found it, lost it, well you see the pattern. Four hours battling with my printer and my computer. I folded.

Look, I'm not going to have 1000 sales on my etsy shop. Heck I don't have an etsy shop.
I'm not going to make enough money crocheting for my husband to leave his job.
I'm not going to have enough time to make enough stuff for that to even be a passing thought.

See I was chasing this thing, this mommy blogger/shop owner/greatest friend/best mom/perfect wife thing.

I can't even get one of those things down, let along all of them.  The more I try to do everything the more everything I do, well sucks. So we're pulling it back, to the things I love.

1) Being Mrs. Pate

2) Being Mommy

3) Being Tiffany the friend, sister, daughter...

4) Writing. This blog, Voices, all things writing.

5) Church/Volunteering/Chosen

6) Crocheting & Teaching at Space Craft.


Those are my priorities, right there. If it doesn't fit in those realms, then it has to be gone. I know I'm not going to be perfect at all of these things, these are just the things I'm willing and wanting to juggle. Nothing more. Nothing less...

Are you juggling anything that you need to drop?





1 comment:

  1. I went through this very thing a year ago - it took an anxiety attack for me to sit down and clear some things/expectations off of my plate.

    ReplyDelete