Friday, July 27, 2012

Just Jac

I'm so excited for today! My lovely sweet friend Jac, from BabEblessings is going to be taking over my blog today! Why? Well because I think she has one of the sweetest hearts out there, and I think you need to hear from her!



Have you ever had one of those days when you just can’t get a handle on your attitude? Oh my goodness!! I have had a few of those lately.

Those are the days when a silly saying from VBS 15-20 years ago pops into my head.

I need a check up from the neck up
To get rid of that stinking thinking.

I swear I need this written all over the house some days.
As soon as I think on this I take a deep breath and change my attitude. The moment I seem to need this most is usually when I’m knee deep in cleaning or laundry.



Have you ever seen a laundry pile this big before?That's about half of what I do on a weekly basis.

This pile seems to be an attitude killer!! But now instead of being super negative and frustrated and muttering passive aggressively under my breath about how it go that bad, I check my attitude and I remember how many blessings I have. I’m blessed to have a laundry pile that big, I have a washer and dryer to do my laundry at home, I have a home etc. I check my attitude and change my heart and remind myself that it’s about being a good steward of the blessings that God has given me.

Have you ever had a moment when you needed a check up from the neck up? I would love to hear about it, or how you change your attitude sometimes. Any new techniques are welcome. 




2 comments:

  1. I love the whispers of the Lord in the mundane. LAUNDRY! He even told the Israelite people to continue to do their wash in Exodus. It has been there for centuries and He wants us to find Him in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! laundry is an attitude killer for me at times as well.

    ReplyDelete