Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Words oh Words

Most mornings start with coffee and some quiet time, some mornings don't, but its the goal. I've been following along with She Reads Truth. It's an amazing online community of women supporting, following along, and growing together. They are on day 20, I'm on day 13. Like I said, I try.

This morning the reading was about your words. That what comes out of your mouth is directly effected by what is in your heart, something I've heard most of my life. What was surprising was the thought that our careless words are associated with evil words. Really? The more I've turned this thought over and over in my head the more I realize its true. 

How many times has something been said with out thought and ended up hurting someone else? How many times has a quick tongue or snappy comment cut someone? 
How many times have I been on the receiving side of a nasty email, or text? 
How many times have I sent out the same sort of message?


Is there anything about those careless words that are life giving? Is there anything in those careless words that are graced filled? Normally no. I know for me my careless words are harsh, snappy, with a I'll hurt you before you can hurt me twist.

I'm not saying now that I have read this all of my words are going to be grace-filled and thought out. That suddenly I've conquered how to make my heart bend against its natural will. It would be nice, but that's not the way life is. It's a fight moment by moment, thought by thought, and its exhausting. Exhausting but, oh so worth it.

If my words can make someone feel love, feel acceptance, and understood no matter what their short comings are, it is oh so worth it. If words can build up a person, speak hope into their shortcomings in stead of condemning them for their lack of perfection I'm game.

Don't forget to come by tomorrow and link up your Worshiping Wednesday post!
We would love to have you!


1 comment:

  1. or you can be a true friend and be honest about how you are feeling because God tells you if you have a problem with your brother or sister go to them in love.  If your friend doesn't respond then I guess you know exactly where you stand.

    ReplyDelete