Thursday, June 7, 2012

Giving Up on Good- All figured out

Choosing something to give up every week is so freeing and really makes me think about the things I do, and why I do them. This week has been really freeing! I'm giving up on having it all figured out.

Trust is not one of my natural qualities. I really have to fight to trust anyone or anything. For instance, a friend started selling Mary Kay. I scoffed, laughed, and honestly judged. I really thought it was silly and pointless. How many people have tried one of those business, and fallen flat on their face? Not that I thought she was going to fail, if anyone has the drive and the perseverance to succeed its her. For some reason she actually believed in the product.

Really? Mary Kay? Really?

But, me being the supportive and amazingly wonderful friend that I am, I let her come over put all this gooey, stuff that I never used on my face. Then I went to a party and let her put more gooey stuff on my face, I even used the samples that she gave me.

Brace your self.....

I was wrong.

Yes, I am writing this post with my foot in my mouth.

I went home the night of the party with amazing mineral powder make up, a gorgeous eye shadow, and cleanser. I am in love with these products! Totally beyond in love. The mineral powder beats the pants off the stuff I was using before (stuff that might have started with bare and ended in minerals). The Mary Kay make up actually stands up to the humidity here in Charleston! One application in the morning, and voila, I am rocking all day! The eye shadow doesn't crease, its so smooth, and stays on! Who would have thought, make up that says on? What a concept!

Mary Kay on the left, the "other" on the right! Mary Kay, so much more at such a better value!

The biggest shocker to me was the botanical face wash. First Mary Kay has a botanical line was shocking, but this stuff is amazing. After babies my skin is a mess! I break out like a 15 year old Beieber fan all over my chin, but my forehead is pealing it is so dry. My face doesn't know if it is coming or going. Enter the Botanical Face Cleanser for oily skin. It is the love of my life. It is perfect for the oiliness of my chin and doesn't dry out the desert that is already my forehead. Get this I actually like to wash my face now, I actually wash my face!

My loot. All I need in a day!

Needless to say, you guys need to get some. Really if you want to set up a party, order some amazing products, or want to get involved with Mary Kay contact Abbey! Check out her blog or send her an email at abbeyalden at gmail.com

Wanna give up on good? Check out Naptime Diaries and The Tiny Twig to link up! 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!!  May I add, that I will come to your home.  I won't make you buy anything, I promise, but I will make you try some things :)  I'll come after the kids are in the bed or before date night with your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete