I am so stressed out, I didn't even know I am as stressed as I am.
Doesn't make sense..?
I had a panic attack last night and wasn't emotionally connected to it at all. My body was reacting to the anxiety but, my emotions didn't even know there was anything there. Crazy huh?
I've realized I've gotten really good and pushing all my exhaustion and frustrations down. I've tried and tried to just be there to please everyone else, getting all upset when I couldn't be perfect enough. They past few days, I've given up.
I am not perfect, nor am I ever going to be. I've learned that what one person "expects" of me is not the same as another person "expects" so how is it possible to be two different people?
How did my life go from living open and free to being fearful of other people?
Where is the line between being considerate of other, and letting the thoughts of other change who you are?
How do you define a friend?
Is friendship limited?
Can it be friendship if there are limits to what you can do or say?
What do you do if you feel like the friendship is one sided?
Can you take on too much?
What do you do when you have realized you have taken on too much?
What do you do when you can't "feel" what your body is feeling?
Where is the line between being considerate of other, and letting the thoughts of other change who you are?
How do you define a friend?
Is friendship limited?
Can it be friendship if there are limits to what you can do or say?
What do you do if you feel like the friendship is one sided?
Can you take on too much?
What do you do when you have realized you have taken on too much?
What do you do when you can't "feel" what your body is feeling?
Deinition of a friend, per a conversation I had with your hubby one time: Someone who is there for you, with no strings attached.
ReplyDeleteIn more detail (because it's me), I believe that different friendships serve different purposes. There is a multitude of subjects that I can be very open about with you, but others that I can't be. There's nothing wrong with that. I believe God puts different people around us to help us grow in different ways. Why would be put ONE person in our lives to understand and advise us on EVERYTHING? Except for Jesus, there is noone who would be able to fill that spot. So it's not that friendships are limited. It's that friendships work when you realize that there's certain subjects that they won't understand, or will react to in a bad way. So you talk to other friends about those subjects. It's called boundaries.
If you believe the friendship is one-sided, just remember that others feel the same one towards you. There's one particular friendship that I have in mind, that is definitely one-sided on my part, but then there's others that I don't really work at. Those people are probably thinking the same thing about me. Maybe those aren't lifetime friendships, but they definitely still serve a purpose, if only for a season.
These statements are to be taken with a grain of salt, and a prayer to make sure they match what God is already telling you. It's just my viewpoint.
Thanks for always sharing so openly.
I've been there. You're so stressed where you think you're doing great, and it's not till someone tells you, "you so stressed,' and you say, "oh, I'm not really stressed." and then they laugh at you.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!