Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I was laying in bed tonight, finishing my day with my devotional. The verse what so simple, "according to your faith let it be in you." Mark 9:29. It followed with some powerful sentences.

For example:
"In your daily walk you will be victorious only to the degree that you trust Me."

At first, this kind of ticked me off. Honestly I don't really know why. I guess sometimes my first reaction is why cant I be victorious all the time. Why cant I always go in fight the good fight and come out the winner... Then it started hitting me, its because I want to come out the winner! Its because I want it to be out of my own merit and not because of God doing it. I think its funny how its so easy for us as humans just to slip back into the me, me, me thinking! Its hard to train your brain to look past you and see the big picture.

It reminds me of something my mom told me. Years ago I told her that I thought I wanted to work with high school ministry, and that I was so scared. I said I wasn't good enough, that I couldn't do it but I really really wanted too. Then she blew me away, she said no I wasn't good enough. Honestly at first my pride was a little hurt. She continued, that no I wasn't good enough, but God was good enough, big enough, to do it through me. Kind of deep stuff huh?

"Do not judge a man by what he appears to be, but see him as what he can be if gives himself unreservedly to Me."

I LOVE this! Think about how this could look acted out! If we actually treated others as if they had already given their self to God. Can you imagine how that would change how we spoke to others about God. Instead of us seeing the "unchurched" as the "unchurched" if we saw them as the church, as they were created to be! Would we be say some of the things that we saw? Would we stand on our soapbox and yell the way that we do? I really hope not!

I think its way past time to take our blinders off. It's time that we strive to see this world as God sees it. Its time that we take our place that we were created for and run full heartily towards what ever goal God has for us. Its time to take a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment